Our prayer for you this summer is that you connect with other Christians and grow in your knowledge and understanding of God. Here are some resources to help you get there:
The Bible –
Pray. Ask God to meet you and speak to you through his Word
Read. Try a summer goal of reading John, then 1 John and/or Luke, then Acts.
Other Good Options – Ephesians, Romans, Titus, Proverbs, Psalms.
Read a chapter and ask these questions:
- What does it say?
- What does it say about God’s character?
- What does it say about His people?
- What is the main point of this passage?
- How do you see the Gospel in this passage?
- What does it lead you to do?
- How does it lead you to worship God?
- How does it lead you to confess & repent of sin?
- How does it comfort and encourage you?
- How does it lead you to be bold and serve others?
Apply. Apply what you learn to your life today
Church – Find a local church and get involved. If you have questions about how to chose the right church please contact us and we’d love to help: Andrew.Powars@Cru.org
The Ever-Loving Truth & Joseph and the Gospel of Many Colors – by Voddie Baucham Jr.
Liberating Black Theology & Aliens in the Promised Land– by Dr. Anthony Bradley
The Reason for God & Counterfeit Gods – by Timothy Keller
Defiant Grace by Dane Ortlund
God’s Big Picture: Tracing the Storyline of the Bible – by Vaughan Roberts
Websites & Blogs:
Keith Battle | zionchurchonline.com
Matt Chandler | thevillagechurch.net
Tim Keller | gospelinlife.com
John Piper | desiringgod.org